The following terms have their specified meanings as follow:
- - The country : Emirates.
- - Emirate : Dubai
- -The Award : The Award of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum for Distinguished Academic Performance.
- -The Award Sponsor : His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum.
- The office : The Arabic Education Office for Gulf Countries.
- -The countries : The member countries in the Arabic Education office for the Gulf countries. Which are (Bahrain kingdom, Kuwait, kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman sultanate and Qatar)
- -The board : The Board of Trustees of Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum for the Distinguished Academic Performance.
- -The chairman : chairman of the Board of Trustees.
- -The General Trustee: the Award General Trustee.
- -The Manager : the Award Executive Manager.
- -The office organizer : the Award Organizer in the Arabic Education office for Gulf Countries.
- -The country organizer: The Award organizer for the member countries in the Gulf cooperation council.
The public education sector may participate in the Award (schools, teachers, high school students) in the member countries in the Gulf cooperation council.
The Award will be given annually to the members countries in the office participating in the Award.
1- Award for the governmental school in the public education from the first year to the twelfth year.
2- The individuals Award:
- The distinguished teachers
- The distinguished students of the secondary school from the citizens of the member countries.
The Award will be divided into three stages according to the specified period as follows:
1- The first stage: includes competition between the individual in one school, through (September, October and November) every year.
2- The second stage: includes the competition among the candidate categories from each school to choose (5) candidates from each category during December every year.
3- The third stage: Includes the competition among the candidates from every country to choose one winner from the category of student, teacher and school from each country, the countries results may be sent to the Arabic education office in January as a maximum.
The final ceremony for honoring the winners in Dubai in Emirates during the last week of every March every year.
The Award administration will bear expenses of the winners' attendance and residence to the final ceremony site with one attendant for every winner student, and the Award organizer in the office and participant countries.