Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for Distinguished Academic Performance launching its 23rd cycle in exceptional circumstances as the world is facing Coronavirus (COVID-19). The pandemic did not prevent the Foundation from encouraging the educational field in its various categories to participate in the 23rd cycle. And is taking into consideration the adjustments made on the awards categories, participation conditions, and criteria as the following (Assuring that excellence is an ongoing quality that is not subject to emergency conditions or new events):
- This circular applies to the following award categories:
- Distinguished Student Award (3-5) (6-12)
- Distinguished Student Award – Gulf Countries (10-12)
- Distinguished Academic Award
- Distinguished Teacher Award (Local and Gulf Countries)
- Distinguished Educator Award
- Distinguished School Award (Local and Gulf Countries)
- Distinguished Project Award
- Education Supporting Organizations
- Best Educational Research (Arab World Level)
- All documents and attachments will be accepted for the previous three years in addition to the year of application 2020 for all categories.
- Accepting attachments and documents related to the efforts made by the candidate (in all award categories), including but not limited to developing his skills and capabilities, or disseminating and sharing knowledge with others, research, training courses, and other scientific and social activities using virtual platforms or distance learning.
- Additional points for extraordinary achievements:
A new criterion is added with a total of 200 points in addition to the prize criterions total point, and will be given under the following conditions:
- Presenting an innovative and effective initiative that contributed directly to the continuity of education in light of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- Attach three evidence only for the initiative, following the specified file size of the Foundation’s electronic system.
- Evidence should not be repeated in other criterions.
All distinguished educational researches (Applied research or otherwise) are characterized by their scientific originality and that they can benefit workers in the educational field through the findings, recommendations, methods and procedures offered by this research. The Award also targets researches documenting distinct educational experiences in the educational field on a large scale, which lead to a paradigm shift in teaching and learning. We do not mean here the traditional educational research dealing with limited educational problems that have not led to paradigm shifts and functional transformations in the educational field, or those educational researches that are implemented on a small scale.
First: Conditions relating to Researchers:
- The researcher shall be an Arab country citizen.
- The researcher may not participate with more than one search.
- The researcher may participate in the award annually if he did not win in the last two years.
- The researcher must be working in the educational field or participating in partnership with an individual working in the educational field.
- The researcher must adhere to the scientific method recognized for the educational researches.
- The researcher must enter the amendments that may be recommended by the Juries in case of nominating him to win the prize.
- The researcher must submit a declaration on assigning the intellectual property rights of his research to the Award, delegating the Award to publish and evaluate the research in case of winning the award.
- The winner of the award of Educational Research at Arab world level shall not be entitled to apply for the award again, but only after at least two years from the date of winning it.
Second: Conditions related to the Research:
- The research should have a procedural nature related to the study of realistic problem in the field of education within the Arab world.
- The research should present a distinct experience that may contribute to providing solutions or recommendations benefiting the educational field.
- The researcher shall submit (5) printed copies of his research along with an electronic on a Flash Memory.
- The pages number of research should range between 25-30 pages, in (A4) size, with a font size not exceeding 14 - Simplified Arabic. This includes the research supplements.
- To submit the research typed on computer or a device compatible with it, in Word application.
- The researcher should follow the recognized scientific documentation methods, in accordance with (APA) style.
- The research shall be written in standard Arabic language. In case of submitting the research on another language; the researcher shall be required to provide a summary in standard Arabic language attached therein.
- The research shall be free of all typos and spelling and language errors...etc.
- The researcher assumes professional responsibility towards others if their research is accepted and published by the Award Management
- The submitted research shall not have been discussed earlier either directly or indirectly in any Masters or PhD theses.
- The research shall not have been awarded a prize or other scientific degree, and must not have been previously published or presented at a conference, seminar or contest or to any other party.
- The research shall contain recommendations that realize scientific and practical benefits.
- References shall be properly documented, as well as taking into account sound scientific use of margins.
- Personal data of the researcher should be limited to only the first page of the research and no such data is to be contained within the research.
- Winning researches are considered property of the Award and it is entitled to deal with them as it wishes.
How to apply
- Submit nomination application to the person-in-charge at the Award Headquarters.